In 1967, the editors of Tiger Beat magazine devised a set of questions for the Monkees. Now SPECS OPTICAL puts them to our staff member Andrew Losinger.
1. How would your mother describe you in one word? OVERDRAMATIC.
2. What is your favorite flower? GOLD MEDAL ALL-PURPOSE BLEACHED.
3. What is the most insane question you’ve ever been asked? “WHAT IS THAT MOVIE ‘ON TWO SCREENS’ ABOUT ?”
4. What word in the English language do you wish you had invented? BROUHAHA
5. Where would you like to live? IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA.
6. What is the first quote that comes to your mind? “SOMETIMES YOU FEEL LIKE A NUT, SOMETIMES YOU DON’T.”
7. What animal best describes the kind of girl (or boy) you’d be interested in? A LAUGHING HYENA. THEY ALWAYS LOOK LIKE THEY’RE SMILING.
8. What do you miss about your childhood? LIVING WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD.
9. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? CHARLES ZINCHARGE.
10. What is the main fault in your character? OVER-THINKING TO THE POINT OF EXHAUSTION.
11. Who is your favorite historical figure? MARIE ANTOINETTE – SHE LETS ME EAT CAKE.
12. Describe how you kiss in one word. FOCUSED.
13. If you met the right girl (right boy) today, would you propose tomorrow? PROBABLY NOT, MAYBE, I DON’T KNOW. WAIT…IT’S NOT EVEN LEGAL HERE, SO NO.
14. What in the world do you least desire? IMPATIENCE…OH, AND CROCS, UGH!
15. Why do you think most girls (most boys) date you? I’VE BEEN TOLD I HAVE A QUIET CONFIDENCE, AND MY SENSE OF HUMOR ( NOT-SO-QUIET).
16. Finish this sentence: “Happiness is a thing called…” THE GRANDE MINT MOCHA.